TLC CHILDREN’S LESSONS – TERMS & CONDITIONS
The following terms and conditions apply to all parents or guardians of any child attending swimming lessons organised by Thurles Leisure Centre (TLC). Please ensure you have read and understand the following and please keep a copy for your records:
Accepting our terms and conditions
- By booking a swimming lesson for your child with us, you accept these terms and conditions and they will form a binding contract between us.
- You will ensure that your child or any other children you bring to the swimming pool will follow the general swimming pool rules.
- We reserve the right to edit where necessary, our terms and conditions and will give you adequate notice.
TLC Swimming Lessons
- All non-member children are permitted in the pool for the duration of their TLC lessons only and there is no access to any pool area after this time.
- As a member you must inform your child’s teacher if they are staying in the pool after their lesson. You must be present and your child must be supervised by you at all times.
- TLC has two group swimming lesson types as follows:
- (A) Weekly lessons for a period of 6 consecutive weeks. Each lesson on a course will take place on the same day, at the same time every week for the duration of the term.
- (B) Intensive swim lessons of 5 days over a school holiday period. Each lesson on our Intensive course is at the same time every day for 5 consecutive days.
All lessons will start on time at the agreed start time. If your child arrives late for the scheduled lesson, we regret that we cannot extend your lesson time and it will finish at the scheduled end time.
Private Swim Lesson
- Private lessons are done on a 1:1, 1:2, 1:3 etc basis and are 45 mins in duration. These lessons are individual bookings and are on a first come first served basis.
- Lessons may be blocked booked for a max of 4 lessons and must be paid for upfront & in full.
- Lessons booked one at a time must pay a non- refundable, non-transferable deposit of €5.
Registration and Contacting Us
- Registering for a course of lessons will be done on a first come first served basis. On the last day of the course, an assessment will be done, and the parent will be directed whether the child can move onto the next level or should repeat the level. The participants will then have an opportunity to rebook for then next course before the booking sheet opens to the public at 7pm for the Tuesday/Wednesday session or at 2pm on a Saturday. Places are limited. No bookings will be taken without payment.
- If you are contacting us by phone, please call us on (0504) 58640 and by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The fee for lesson(s) will be confirmed to you at the time of booking. You are required to pay for the whole term even if your child misses a lesson for any reason.
- Payment must be made in full before the start of each term. No exceptions will be made.
Illness and Medical Conditions
- If your child is ill, you are required to contact us by phone or email so that we can inform the teacher that your child will not be attending their scheduled lesson.
- We regret that we do not provide refunds or credits for absence from booked lessons due to illness, regardless of the number of lessons missed. However, if your child suffers a serious illness, which affects him or her for more than 4 weeks (such as broken bones or any condition that requires hospitalisation and/or medical attention) then we may offer you credit for all lessons missed if you inform us no less than 48 hours before the first lesson to be missed.
- You are also required to inform us by email or by phone, all medical conditions affecting your child, regardless of severity.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you or your child is medically fit to swim. We will not be liable for any accidents or injuries arising from swimming with us that relate to your child’s individual medical condition(s).
Requests to make changes to lesson time, day or requests for credits
- You will not have the right to change the day, time, venue for your child’s lessons for any reason once the term has started. We may at our discretion choose to allow you to do so if we feel that it is a reasonable request.
- If your child refuses to get into the water or you decide you no longer want your child to attend the course, we regret we cannot give refunds. However, we can discuss the possibility of credit for another term in this case.
- If there is a time during a term that you are dissatisfied with a TLC teacher, you are required to inform us immediately either by telephone or email and allow us the opportunity to resolve the issue. We will work with you to find the best solution for all parties.
- Credits for unused lessons may be transferred for other TLC activities such as Swim Camps or another term of lessons. If we agree to give you a credit for unused lessons a credit note will be issued to you, which must be presented when booking & will have an expiry date clearly marked.
Cancellation by you
- If you cancel a single lesson, term of lessons or Swim Camp, after you have paid for it, we are not be obliged to provide you with any credit or refund.
Cancellation by us
- If we determine that there is insufficient support for a term or Swim Camp, we have the right to cancel, suspend or postpone the course before the date of the first lesson. We will give you as much notice as possible of any such cancellation and we will provide you with a full refund of your term/camp fee if no suitable alternative is found.
- We will make every effort not to cancel lessons once a term has started but on rare occasions pool closure or other unforeseen circumstances may force us to do so. We will give you as much notice as possible of any such cancellation. In this event we will offer you a substitute lesson on a date designated by us. If you notify us that you are unable to attend the substitute lesson in advance of the date scheduled for the substitute lesson, then you will receive a credit for the cancelled lesson. This credit may be offset against your fees for a subsequent term or swim camp. If you do not accept the substitute lesson or do not wish to re-book for a subsequent course, we are not obliged to provide a refund.
- You are responsible for any children you bring with you into any part of the swimming pool venue including the changing area.
- You must ensure that children are fully toilet-trained before we can accept them as students.
- You must not leave the premises whilst your child is in the pool for the duration of their lesson.
- Children are not the responsibility of TLC teachers until the child enters the swimming pool at the start of a lesson.
- During lessons please do not interrupt or distract the teacher or pupils on poolside, unless it is a matter of health and safety.
- You must keep children who are not swimming under your supervision at all times while in the leisure centre.
- We regret that you are not permitted to take photos or video recordings or any other type of recording of any children within the leisure centre.